Support our Sponsors

Additional Information

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Featured Interview of Artisan of Handmade Items: Karen of Prims Gone Wild

Remember to join our link party and have some fun!

Here's the latest featured interview of an artisan of handmade items: Karen of Prims Gone Wild - one of the winners of the Udderly Amazing New Shop Contest.


What kinds of artistic projects do you like to work on?
I mostly work on fabric dolls but on occasion I play with watercolors, ink & acrylic ~~I dabble and play with it. I LOVE TO MAKE DOLLS!!

What do you like to do in your spare time when you're not creating art?
I love blogging, networking and playing around with graphics. NOT good at it but love to play anyway. I love to go to estate and yard sale & flea markets.

How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting a long long long time. To my memory my first doll I made, I was 11 years old.

When did you first start selling your handmade items? What inspired you to do so?
I started selling my handmade items about 15 years ago or maybe longer.

What style do you decorate your home in?
Ecclectic. ~I collect so many different styles. The room I live in is PRIM!!

Were you artistic as a child?
When I was in elementary school, my teacher use to put paper on the back wall and let me draw :O) ~~

My parents didn't fuss at me when I drew and painted on the walls. I also cut out and taped to walls too!!

Did anyone inspire you as a child or when you were starting to become artistic?
My Father was a commercial artist. He was self employed and me and my 14 siblings would be put to work. So I guess you can say He was the main inspiration. My mother would make me decorate and design for Christmas and the Holidays which I loved.

Was there a point when you realized "Wow, I'm an artist/artisan!"
I never reached a point. I just created with the flow :O)

Confession time: What does your craft room/studio really look like? Is it organized?
HaHa Just let me know when you want me to share pics. I am a HOARDER. I love to collect and save it for a project.

Please list the urls to your blog(s) and shop(s).

Karen E. Blevins FACEBOOK

Kareybeths_Kreations_n_Prims Blog

Kareybeths_Kreations_n_Prims On Ebay

Kareybeths_Kreations_n_prims ON FACEBOOK

Prims*Gone*Wild Twitter

Prims*Gone*Wild Etsy Shop

Prims*Gone*Wild Blog

WhatNotWomen BLOG~Karen & Debbie

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to read your interview, Karen. Thanks again to Tracy!

    ReplyDelete