Support our Sponsors

Additional Information

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunburnt Cow Udderly Amazing New Shop

Due to the low turnout of the Sunburnt Cow Udderly Amazing New Shop Contest, I've pretty much decided this will be the first and last contest. I put so much time and effort into this, as well as my heart into this. The judges did a wonderful job of promotion, and I'm so grateful to them. Unfortunately, it was very disappointing to see such a low turn out. :( I'm very sorry to those who entered because you all are so amazingly talented, and you deserved to have a ton of people coming here and "oooohing" and "aaaahing" over your creations. I'm very sorry I disappointed you. I seem to be the grim reaper when it comes to anything I touch in the prim community.

I've talked it over with the judges, and we want to make you all winners. Yes, all of you are! It'd be too difficult and certainly not fair to choose only a couple of you to move on to the next round. So I'm going to put you all into rotation here on the Sunburnt Cow for the next several months. If you have a little button banner you'd like me to display on the sidebar here, I'll be more than happy to do that. All four of you can grab the winner button (button and code in upper right corner) and display it on your sidebar, so at least you get a shiny new badge to show that we think you're gosh darn AWESOME!! The button, by the way, is provided by the awesomely talented Deb of Paxton Valley Folk Art!

I hope all of you will check out these up and coming new shops!
The Keeping Room,
Prims Gone Wild,
Sugar House Creations, and
The Prim Bears Cupboard.

Thank you so much for entering. I really appreciate that you did and that you want to be a success by wanting to promote yourselves. That's half the battle right there! Much success to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry. I thought it was successful as I had such sweet comments on my blog after posting in your contest. Well, I'm glad I found your blog anyway. Success there! Hmmm, I'll have to whip up a banner/button and get it over to ya. I'd be happy to post a button on my blog. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I'm so sorry you didn't get the response you should have. Why anyone would NOT have entered your contest is beyond me because as we all know exposure and promotion are the only ways to get yourself known and seen. Thank you for all of your hard work promoting this contest and thank you for doing your darnedest to give new blogs and new crafters a leg up. You're a good woman to give all of the entrants a spot on The Sunburnt Cow, they are all very deserving! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I am just seeing this now. It is a disappointment that the turn out was so low. Heather and I were really excited about it. It's their loss, because the exposure was wonderful. It would have brought them so much more traffic. Thanks for offering to put a button up for those who entered as well as the exposure. We appreciate all your hard work.
    Thank you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete