Support our Sponsors

Additional Information

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunburnt Cow's Udderly Amazing New Shop Contest!

You're cordially invited to a really BIG event!

What: The inaugural Udderly Amazing New Shop Contest here at the Sunburnt Cow!

When: Beginning April 1st

Who: You!! If you have an online shop that's six months and under, you can enter to win this Udderly Amazing New Shop Contest. If your shop is over six months, come cheer the contestants on. Plus, we need YOU to help choose who will win!

How: Based on your voting, some contestants will move on to the next round. Our judges will then determine who will be that month's Udderly Amazing New Shop winner!

Once the contest goes into the judging phase, the criteria will be based on a point system involving marketability; technical (clear pictures, etc.); craftsmanship; inventory; variety; and bonus points.

The winner will receive some awesome exposure on all the participating judges' blogs, as well as being regularly featured on the Sunburnt Cow for at least four months. Additionally, if the winner has a button banner, that banner will remain on the Sunburnt Cow's sidebar for six months.

Along with yours truly, the following amazing artisans will be our first contest's judges:
Deb from Paxton Valley Folk Art Shop,
Teresa from Teresa's Prim Treasures,
Wendy from Ravenwood Whimzies, and
Brenda from The Rusty Thimble.

So come join the fun! And if you have a shop older than six months, please spread the word to those who are new online. Plus, as I mentioned above, we need you to help us choose who will be serious contenders for the final rounds!

In the interest of fairness, those whose handmade items have been featured on regular blog posts on Sunburnt Cow are not eligible to enter. Plus, those artisans have had plenty of opportunity to be a judge on these contests, so entering this contest would be too uncomfortable for my - and I'm sure others' - comfort levels. If I allowed those who were part of the Sunburnt Cow team to enter and if they won, it would be akin to Cedar Creek Primitives or The Rusty Thimble winning the recent PAFA giveaway. While a number generator would've been used and they had won fairly, it just would smack too much of favoritism.

Those who have participated in the link parties and I've featured them are eligible to enter since they weren't regularly blogged about.

Hope everyone understands. This is to be a fair contest - in spirit and in presentation. :)

12 comments:

  1. My Etsy Shop will still be under six month when this starts. I would like to enter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Silvia -

    I had mentioned in a previous post those who had been blogged about regularly on Sunburnt Cow are not eligible. I'm sorry I forgot to have included that caveat in this post, so I've edited it. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower, cute stuff! Come check out my blog and maybe follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds good! And I think I might qualify! Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do we enter this contest? My shop has only been open since Feb. I would like to enter!

    Erin
    agirlandhercraftbox.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/agirlandhercraftbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, glad to hear some responses!

    I'll be posting more info throughout this next week. Basically, it will be via link party voting for the first round.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting ready to open my shop, so
    I would love to enter!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen -

    Cool! Hurry and get some items up so you can enter the contest. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My God....NEW & soooooooooooo much more to learn. Thanks for the invite to enter :O) I have only been open a few days REALLY. Just started listing the past few days. Peeps have been telling me to do this over a year ago. I am sooooooooo slowwwwwwwwww!!

    http://www.etsy.com/people/primsgonewild?ref=si_pr

    Karen~Prims*Gone*Wild on etsy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I just got my Etsy up and running two days ago! Teresa told me about your contest! I would love to be entered! Thank you for this fun opportunity! Have a wonderful day! ~Sarah~

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllRoadsLeadHome?ref=pr_shop

    ~All Roads Lead Home on Etsy~

    ReplyDelete